Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Say What?!?!

I woke up early again this morning. No, it wasn't because of Quinn. I didn't wake up from Dan or his alarm. Believe it or not, Dan and I were both awakened by the S.W.A.T. team. Yes, you read it correctly. Around 4:30 this morning the swat team raided our neighbor's (down the street) house. Crazy. I heard a few loud bangs and then an angry man yelling something. Well, that angry man was telling our neighbors that their house was surrounded and that they were coming in. Even though it was dark, Dan and I peeked out our window and saw a billion men all dressed in black with huge guns and the letters S.W.A.T. on their backs. Somehow I was able to go to sleep after that but Dan said that when he was trying to go to work (around 6:00am) they were still there. Boy, I love Baltimore.

Now, I do have to admit that I often wondered what the neighbors actually did for a job. They were home all of the time and they all had really nice cars. They had nice clothes and during the summer they would eat crabs almost every day. (mind you ghetto style~ in their front yard on a picnic table with their 40 ounces) I did put two and two together and realize that we had drug dealers selling from out of their house right down the street from us. I guess the cops realized it too :) Needless to say, there has been a lot less traffic on our street today.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, exciting and SCAREY!!! Glad you are okay and hopefully they got the bad guys. See you soon. Can't wait!!

laurag said...

Man, that is quite the story, hard to top. Although I'm not too sure I'd want to top it, if you know what I mean. The unfortunate thing is that drug dealers can live in any neighborhood - there's no escaping it. I'm just glad they stopped whoever was dealing the drugs and hopefully things now will be good. Bet that was a fun morning!!

emlizalmo said...

HOLY CRAP! How did you go back to sleep? Seriously.

Lady said...

OH My GOSH!!! How scary!! I bet you are so glad that the police did come in though and get rid of that. Hopefully they have enough to make it stick and it won't return.

mj said...

Oh my gosh. Nice neighbors. I think they are probably worse than the ones we had at Seaside Heights.