Friday, January 15, 2010

Fun in the Kitchen

I have been trying to find more kid friendly dinners recently. When I say "kid friendly" I mean with easy steps to make and something that Quinn will have at least one job to do that is fun. She is a great eater so that makes it easier.

Anyway, I found a recipe for edible bowls for eggs. You use egg roll wrappers and bake them in the oven. You need to spray "butter" on each side of the wrapper and spread it around - that was Quinn's fun job. Then I carefully placed them in a cupcake sheet
Before
After

Once bowls are baked immediately remove from pan to prevent sticking
While the bowls were baking I made scrambled egg beaters with scallions and cheddar jack cheese.
I think that Quinn was in HEAVEN! She ate 3 of them!

The finished product
Quinn and I just LOVED the little bowls and have been thinking of other things to put in them like veggie fried rice or even make little taco salads!

5 comments:

emlizalmo said...

YUM!

mj said...

These look wonderful. It is so sweet that you let Quinn "cook" I wish I had done more of that.

Rich and Annette said...

Michele - You get Mom of the year award! Quinn is so lucky to have you as her mommy!

Lisa said...

I agree with your Dad and Annette. Michele you are awesome. Truly a wonderful mother!!

Lady said...

Very creative and very yummy!!