Wednesday, October 27, 2010

gold

Quinn had her 4 year check up yesterday. She got 5 shots. 5! Then on top of it, her Hopkins nurse came to the appointment to to get blood samples.

Quinn was a complete mess.

Last night when she was going to bed I reminded her that she can pray to Heavenly Father to ask him to help her feel better.

She then ask me how that worked and I told her that He can make miracles happen.
Next she asked me what a miracle was. I explained that it is sort of like magic and how He can make booboos go away.
She then told me that she would ask him in her prayer.
It went something like this:
"Dear Heavenly Poder, thank you for this day.
Can you tell me how you do magic?
Say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

Dan and I tried not to chuckle because we know that her prayers are very important and serious- yet I couldn't help but smile at the sweetness of it all.

Then Quinn told me in the most serious and excited voice that He spoke to her.
I asked her what He said.
She replied "Gold, he makes his magic with gold!"


and we left it at that.

7 comments:

Christina & Andrew said...

This is the cutest story ever! Quinn is such a sweet girl :)

emlizalmo said...

Oh my goodness...that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Michele...she is such a doll. She says the cutest things. I am so glad you document them all. Sorry about all the shots and pokes. Bless her heart.

mj said...

Of course this made me all teary. The faith of a child is a marvelous thing. Poor Quinn...she has probably had more shots than I have had. Michele, how is work?

Mom V said...

Quinn is spectacular with her imagination. I love her so much! Who knows how the miracles are performed!

Anonymous said...

So sweet. I sill remember singing primary songs and duets with you all the time when we got together...it's crazy how vivid the memory still is for me.

Lisa said...

Quinn is something else. What a delightful little girl. Love you all.

Valerie Robbins said...

What a sweet story. She is hilarious! :) Made me chuckle